Chocolate Chia Pudding
I found this recipe here a few months ago, and have made it countless times since! It is a really versatile recipe that fulfills the craving for chocolate or something sweet in a healthy way. I have also modified it by adding less maple syrup and more super foods to create a breakfast pudding that is delectable.
Here is the basic recipe with modifications at the bottom:
Chocolate Chia Peanut Butter Pudding (4-6 servings)
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (refrigerate for at least two hours before using)
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao or cocoa
- 5 medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/4 c chia seeds
- 1/8 c plus 4 tbs peanut butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- Scoop the solid part of the coconut milk from one can into a high powered blender, setting aside the liquid (can be used in smoothies later!)
- Add cocoa, dates, chia seeds and 4 tablespoons of peanut butter to the blender and blend until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add some of the coconut liquid if the mix needs to be thinned out. I usually end up using all of it.
- Scoop/pour pudding into jelly jars and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- While pudding is chilling use a whisk to combine 1/8 cup of peanut butter and 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup (3 tablespoons makes it very sweet, use less if you prefer your sweets a little more mild).
- Add the solid coconut cream of the second can of coconut milk to the peanut butter, once again setting aside the liquid.
- Using a powered whisk or hand blender, combine until light and completely mixed.
- Scoop peanut butter whipped cream onto tops of pudding, sprinkle with cocoa powder, top with chopped nuts and serve.
For a breakfast pudding, or healthier snack add one of two less dates, and less maple syrup. Add a couple of tablespoons of black sesame seeds, hemp seeds, ground flax, and goji berries on top. Fresh fruit like raspberries or blueberries also make a great addition.